If you are new to St Thomas the Apostle, newly returning to the church, newly pledging or you arent new at all, you are welcome to join us for the Newcomer’s luncheon in Krist Hall, immmediately following the 10:30 Service (@ about noon) on Sunday, October 29.
quarterly hosted dinners in small groups
One of the world’s premiere finger-style guitar players!
Vintage Guitar Magazine: You’ve played and recorded with so many of the greats, is there anybody out there that you personally would pay to go see?
Chet Atkins: People like Doyle Dykes, who is just an amazing finger picker, I think.
July 22nd, 2017.
Concert at 6:30pm. Champagne and dessert intermission.
Venue has wonderful acoustics and 180 degree seating.
St. Thomas has a beautiful new St. Thomas window! In case you missed it this Sunday, or if you’d like to hear it again, be sure to check out the recording of Christine Alexander’s discussion of her beautiful stained glass window. You can listen to the audio here, or read a transcript here. Thank you Christine!
A new Forum series is starting next week in Krist Hall at 9:15am between services:
- May 14: The seven sacraments: then and now. Discuss the origins and theology of the seven traditional sacraments and discuss how their current practice does or does not draw the people of God into inward grace. Learn about premarital counseling, baptismal commitments, anointing with oil, the process of ordination, and more!
- May 21: An 8th sacrament: St Thomas serves. Come for a recap and re-visioning of service at St Thomas to the parish, community, and greater world.
- May 28: The seven sacraments: then and now (part 2).
New members, those thinking of becoming new members, and those who are curious to know more about St. Thomas are invited to Krist Hall for a wonderful meal and fellowship after the 10:30 service on Sunday, April 30th. Please RSVP to email@example.com. Can’t wait to see you there!
This Sunday, April 23rd, during the Christian Education Hour at 9:15am, join Mike Stone in Krist Hall for a talk about how a trip to Israel can change the way you view the Bible. (And save the date for the 1st Wednesday in May, where our pilgrimage group will have the opportunity to share stories of the trip with the whole St. Thomas community.)
On April 23rd, there will be a special service in honor of St. George’s Day at the 10:30am service. The service begins with the procession through Brumley Hall with the St Thomas Pipe Band and Scottish dancers, continues with the blessing of the tartans (kilts are encouraged!), and includes a special Eucharist of a slain dragon – made of bread!
A Spring Clean is scheduled for Saturday, April 29, at the church. We will begin with coffee and donuts at 8:00 in the morning and end at lunchtime with the serving of hamburgers and hot dogs. Only a half day of work is planned. We will primarily be doing landscaping work so wear work clothes and bring gloves if you have them. Tools and materials will be provided. Some of the activities planned include:
- Refurbish the dumpster area,
- Trim bushes around the church,
- Weed flower beds,
- Plant oak trees along Upper Bay Drive and San Sebastian
- Touch-up painting walls of Brumley Hall
- Clean closets
If you can help coordinate one of these activities please call Herb Meyer at (281) 957-9602. Even if you cannot help with the work come for some food and fellowship.